Our transfer candidates come from vastly backgrounds that are diverse. Numerous pupils transfer after an or two at a community college, others from four-year institutions year. In either case, we tell prospective transfer students that applying to USC is a process that is individual. The decision to transfer could be the easy part. Navigating through the requirements and comprehending the articulation procedure, though, requires somewhat more concentration. Lucky it.
So we are almost to June. You have done your research, read through the Transfer Brochure, contrasted program catalogues, read your articulation agreement/history, been in contact with your territory supervisor, and finally presented the application. Now you are waiting to hear from us. Some of friends have received decisions, but the majority of you are still waiting. There is that lingering worry of finding housing, securing aid that is financial establishing which credits will move, plus the list goes on.
Looking forward, i have included testimonies from three transfer students (below) who discuss the transition procedure into USC. They are students who’ve experienced the anxiety that is same but have relocated ahead and are currently enjoying their time at USC. Take comfort into the known fact that others have travelled this road and are successful.
‘Adapting to an environment that is new hard at first, especially with such a sizable student population, but getting involved in the Greek community and other student companies helped me feel at house.’ Steve Yang ’13
‘Surprisingly my transition was quite simple. I was able to connect to pupils and get involved with different organizations on campus. At first I ended up being intimidated by the larger campus and classroom sizes, but orientation aided me look beyond all of this.’ Aleek Sherikian ’13
‘Nothing could’ve prepared me for the shock we felt during my very first semester at USC. First, the sheer body of real information that each student brought in to the classrooms had been frightening, so terrifying that I actually questioned my very own ability to ensure success only at that school. These students had abilities that are exceptional. Second, the class room standards and expectations were raised lot greater than I expected. It took me very nearly 2 complete semesters to fully adjust to the latest academic rigors. Third, the new social environment was various. We felt like a fish that is small an ocean of sharks. But that ended up being due to my own insecurities. What we love most about being truly a Trojan is that we care for our personal. Lots of pupils saw through my shyness and insecurities and welcomed me as a close friend, a colleague, and a brother. We cannot see myself anywhere else but at USC.’ Poly Chuong ’14
By June 3rd you will receive either a determination or perhaps a ask for your spring grades. The wait is almost over so hang in there!
I make you with these words that are final
‘we will say that looking forward to a decision was effortlessly the absolute most part that is difficult of application process. The wait is totally beneficial!’ Poly Chuong ’14
‘School’s Out for Summer’: Tips for Visiting Colleges During Summer Break
Summer is finally right here! Or it’ll be soon for a lot of students around the nation. It’s finally time to relax a little bit from the challenges of AP courses, balancing the needs of various extracurricular activities, and finding time for you to complete homework, spend time along with your household, and also have a life that is social. Summer is just a well-deserved time and energy to recover and mirror on the past year that is academic.
Believe it or otherwise not, this is also an opportunity that is great high school students to start or carry on their college search process. No, I’m not suggesting you invest your summer that is entire break in your college essays (although spending some time brainstorming can’t harm!). Visiting college campuses during the institution year can often be difficult, which is why taking benefit of campus tours during summer break is really a excuse that is great combine a trip with an university visit!
If you do end up colleges that are visiting your summer time, here are some tips getting the most away from your experience:
- Register for a campus visit that is official. At USC, we encourage pupils to produce a campus visit booking online in order to guarantee their spot. Our campus visit programs are frequently filled to ability, so that it’s important to reserve early for you and any visitors that may accompany you. Many colleges have some sort of campus visit registration process on their website or perhaps you can also phone their workplace.
- Do some research! Before you spend hours on an unfamiliar college campus, do a little research that is basic. Does this university have academic majors you have in mind? Where may be the campus located? You are not expected to have all the answers prior shmoop.pro to foot that is stepping campus, but it’s useful to come in with a broad understanding for the college you will be touring. This will also help you think about some questions you could possibly get answered through your visit.
- Explore the campus and surrounding areas on your own. The formal campus visit programs that colleges offer can seem all-encompassing, however it are beneficial to wander around by yourself. Eat a meal in the learning student cafeteria. Lay on an observe and bench how students interact with each other on campus. Visit the bookstore. Check any cafes out near campus where you might spend some time studying or working on group projects. Sit in on a class, if it’s available. Some campuses can will give you list of classes that day you could observe. Other colleges may prefer to contact professors in advance to get authorization for potential students to sit in on that class. When you make your campus check out registration, talk with someone at that college to see should this be a chance.
- Communicate with current pupils. These are the people you certainly will be sitting next to in class, studying with, as well as perhaps socializing during your 4 years. It is critical to get a sense of how current students feel about the college and how their experience happens to be so far. Will they be happy? Do they feel supported by the educational school and their teachers? Do they feel challenged academically yet still have time to have a balance between play and work? Whatever questions are essential to you in regards to the learning student experience, ask away. Having the ability to visualize your self in college is one thing; being able to visualize your self being comfortable, pleased, and effective at a college that is specific another.
Numerous universities will not be because busy during summer time you may not always have the option to interact with students, observe a class, etc. during the summer months as they are during the school year since the majority of students are typically not attending classes or even living on campus, so. With it, consider coming back to campus at a later date so you can feel the campus energy during the hustle and bustle of a school day if you visit a campus during the summer and fall in love.
Even if your summer plans don’t consist of university visits, you can nevertheless spend some time getting ultimately more information online. Take some time to explore the pictures and movie tours offered online for individual colleges. Have a look at what other prospective pupils are asking about on the school’s Facebook page. And make use of resources like this admission blog in your favor, be it simply to obtain more information or to ask specific questions. That is what we’re here for!
- Great Place Antenna Photography
- High Conclusion Antenna Imagery
- Typhoon Satellite television on pc tv Pictures, Inventory Shots & Vectors
- Marketing in addition to advertising That will Any On-line Prospects Todas las Las vegas Style By means of Ted Cantu
- ? Journal Associated with Ra SLOT MACHINE GAME
- ? Syndication Involved with Ra SLOT MACHINE GAME
- Tips With respect to Relishing The particular Thrilling Port computer game Video game With Bible With Ra
- If Document Continue to be Simply by Gayle Forman